This policy sets out the basis on which personal information about you may be collected and used when you use (whether to just browse or to make a purchase) the following websites: www.missguided.co.uk; www.missguidedus.com www.missguidedau.com; www.missguided.eu; www.missguidedfr.fr; www.missguided.com/pl; www.missguided.com/de; and www.missguided.com/es and on our mobile with us on Missguided’s official Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube accounts (“Social Media”). and purchase Missguided items (“Items”) from the Sites and Missguided branded stores (“Stores”) and our partners’ (“Partners”) stores and websites (“Third Party Platforms”). By using the Sites, registering a Missguided Account, interacting with us on Social Media and purchasing Items from the Stores and Third Party Platforms you are accepting Media you are accepting and consenting to the terms of this policy.
Missguided Limited (company number 03235904) (“ML”) and Missguided USA (Finance) Inc (“MUFI”) are the owners and operators of the Sites and the relevant accounts on the Social Media and Missguided Retail Limited (Company number. 10033268) (“MRL”) is the operator of the Stores. Together ML, MUFI and MRL shall in these terms be referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” and “Missguided”. Our headquarters are at Missguided HQ, 75 Trafford Wharf Road, Manchester, United Kingdom, M17 1ES
We are committed to maintaining your privacy. We are registered as a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”).
We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time. The Terms were most recently updated on 26 October 2016.
Information we collect about you
During your use of the Sites (including for browsing and purchasing), your registration and use of the Missguided Account, your interaction on the Social Media and when you purchase Items from the Sites, Stores and Third Party Platforms and, when you participate in any promotions on or linked to the Sites, Stores, Third Party Platforms and/or on the Social Media we may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us.
- a. We ask for your name, date of birth, telephone number, home address, delivery address, email address and credit card and other payment details when you purchase Items from the Sites. We will also ask for this information when you register a Missguided Account. We may ask for your details when you purchase or return Items from our Stores such as your name, email address, postal address and signature. We will generate an order number which will be linked to your details when you place an order on the Sites (“Order”).
- b. You may also give us information about you when you fill in forms on the Sites or at Stores, or on Third Party Platforms or when you correspond with us on the Social Media for example when you register to subscribe to our newsletters and emails, when you enter into our prize draws, competitions and other promotions, when you complete forms to receive particular offers or when you participate in our Social Media activities or surveys. In such circumstances you may provide additional information about you such as your photograph and other images and identifying information, your interests and hobbies, details of your Social Media accounts, posts and preferences;
- c. You may also give us information about you when you submit reviews, profiles, images, videos, instructions, comments, feedback, ideas, suggestions or other information or materials via the Sites or the Social Media, whether relating to our Sites, Stores, Third Party Platform, products, promotions or other matters upon which you wish to comment ("Contributions").
- d. You must ensure in all instances that the information you provide is personal to you and no one else (for example you must only provide an email address that only accessible by you and not any other person. You should not use another person’s email address or a generic email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org). You must also ensure that the information you provide is accurate and up to date. By providing information about you to us you warrant that the information you provide is personal to you and is accurate and up to date, and that you will keep us informed of any changes.
Information we collect about you.
When you use the Sites and the Social Media and when you are visiting our Stores we may automatically collect the following information:
- a. Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile phone to the internet, your Missguided Account login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- b. Information about your visit, including without limitation to the number of visits, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Sites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- c. How many times you have been on the Site and in the Stores, and information about your order including the Items you have purchased and details you inputted when placing your order including your name, email address delivery address and telephone number (this will be linked to the email address you use when you place an order or your Missguided Account where you have registered a Missguided Account with us).
- Further information on the technology we use to collect some of this information is available on our Cookies Policy.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may receive the information set out in points one and two when you use the Third Party Platforms. We work closely with other third parties (including without limitation carriers who deliver Items to you, card protection and payment processing companies (including without limitation Klarna AB (Corp ID no. 556737 Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden) (“Klarna”)) that process your payments for Items, business partners (including without limitation third parties that provide promotions and prizes on the Sites, in or for our Stores, and/or on Social Media and Sites), warehouse and customer service operators and in technical, advertising market research and promotions management functions, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) software service providers and we may receive information about you from them.
Use made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us for example to process your Order, to enter you into a prize draw, competition or other promotion (where requested) or to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. This may require disclosure to third parties for example card processing agencies, banks, shipping providers and carriers, fraud protection agencies and suppliers of gifts and prizes for our competitions, prize draws and other promotions;
- To interact with you using the Social Media. Features such as the “like”, “retweet”, “repost” and “share” on the Social Media may allow us to enable integration and/or access to your accounts on the Social Media. Please note we do not control Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr or Youtube (“Social Media Sites”), your profile/account on the Social Media Sites, we do not modify your account or your privacy settings on the Social Media Sites and we do not establish rules about how your personal information will be used when you use the Social Media Sites. You and the relevant provider of the Social Media Sites will be in control of those issues and not us. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable Social Media Sites to learn more about how they handle your information before using the Social Media Sites and any features on the Social Media Sites;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to notify you of our offers and promotions, by telephone, email, SMS and post. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list by writing to our Customer Care team at email@example.com or Customer Care, Missguided Limited, 75 Trafford Wharf Road, Manchester, United Kingdom, M17 1ES;
- To allow our carefully selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that may interest you;
- To notify you about changes to the Sites, your Order, our terms and conditions and our service;
- To ensure that content from on the Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer and operate the Sites, Stores and the Social Media and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To process, fulfil and keep a record of Orders placed, and your purchases and returns;
- To tailor our service to you and to ensure that we can process your Order in the most efficient manner for you, and to overall improve your experience on the Sites and in the Stores;
- To promote and advertise Missguided and its goods and services, and its promotional activity (see below for further details);
- To improve the Sites, Stores and Social Media to ensure that content and the Stores are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and other devices;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site and Stores safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of theSite about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you for example our carriers that deliver Items to you, our card and payment processing companies that process your payments for Items and suppliers of items and prizes for our promotions and other carefully selected third parties whom we consider may be of interest to you.
- Market research and promotions management agencies to help improve the Sites and Social Media, and the services we offer to you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Sites and the Social Media.
In all circumstances we work closely with these third parties to ensure your privacy is respected and protected.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Missguided Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
By interacting with us on the Social Media (including without limitation joining our official Missguided group/page or following us on the Social Media, “liking”, “retweeting”, writing a comment in relation to a page on the Social Media) (“Interacting” or “Interaction” (as applicable)) you are consenting to our interaction with you on the Social Media and the processing of your information accessed on the Social Media. The information about you that may be collected when you Interact with us on the Social Media may include without limitation your name, your user profile, your age, your preferences, choices and viewpoints with regards to the topic or subject matter of the relevant Social Media page, your photos and other images and your videos.
Your Interaction with us on the Social Media may also involve you submitting a photo or video of you (“Your Image”). By Interacting with us on the Social Media you consent to us using Your Image for the purposes described when Your Image was requested or as described on the relevant Social Media page.
Please let us know if at any time you wish us to stop interacting with you on the Social Media or using any of your information on the Social Media by contacting us at the details set out below.
By Interacting with us (whether on the Sites, Social Media or otherwise) you consent and grant to Missguided a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use Your Image and Contributions for the purposes of promoting, advertising and endorsing Missguided and Missguided’s goods and services, including without limitation for the purposes of your participation in any promotional activity for the same, and in any media including without limitation television, Social Media, on our Sites, in print and outdoor advertising materials. We may want to use Your Image and Contributions for additional purposes which will be detailed when we collect Your Image and/or in any promotional terms and conditions which will be featured on our Promotions Terms page.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or business partners. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your Order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support and associated services. Our suppliers and business partners may also transfer, store, use and otherwise process your information outside the EEA for the purpose of fulfilling their obligations to you and to provide you with information, goods and services. By using the Sites, Stores, Social Media and submitting your information during the purchase of Items or participation in competitions and other promotions, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing inside and outside the EEA as stated above. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Security of personal information
Where you are asked to set a user name and password , for example when you register for a Missguided Account or otherwise where you provide certain details such as your email address sign up to our newsletter, you must ensure that the details you provide to us are personal to you and not used by any third party (for example, you must not use a generic email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org, or otherwise an email address that is used by another person). You must keep all passwords secret and confidential should not share your password with any other person. You must immediately notify us if you know or suspect that someone else has access to your password (whether by authorised or unauthorised means).
Where you have registered a Missguided Account you must ensure that your information on the account is always kept updated (for example, you must update it every time you change your address or if your name changes) as we use the information you provide to tailor our service to you and make it more efficient for you.
You must not in any circumstances use the Sites or interact with us on Social Media, or register a Missguided Account using another person’s details. By using the Sites, interacting with us on Social Media and registering a Missguided Account with us you warrant, represent and undertake that the personal information you provide is personal to you and does not belong to anyone else. You must notify us immediately if you know or suspect another person is using your or someone else’s details.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable endeavours to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
To exercise your rights above please contact our Customer Care team at email@example.com or Customer Care, Missguided Limited, 75 Trafford Wharf Road, Manchester, United Kingdom M17 1ES.
If you think the information we hold about you is incorrect please contact us on the above address.
The Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 do not use the Sites or provide any information about yourself including without limitation your name, address, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the address below.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to the Customer Care team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Customer Care, Missguided Limited, 75 Trafford Wharf Road, Manchester, United Kingdom, M17 1ES.